Seminar Wisdom

I went to hotel seminars this week!
I went to hotel seminars this week!

This week I went to two ‘hotel seminars’, the kind where you are promised books, training materials, and a slew of secrets to make you rich overnight.  I went because I wanted to see if I could learn anything, observe common motivational techniques, catch phrases, and see if I could fill in the gaps with the information they gave and would be capable of making use of any of it.

One seminar was an “Amazon FBA” seminar and the other was a Matt Lloyd “MOBE”/ IMFreedom workshop. The Amazon FBA seminar speaker was the single best speaker I have ever heard at a hotel seminar.

I accomplished my goal of pulling out the motivational nuggets which really made them worth my time. Here they are, in short order – and most you’ve probably heard before:

  • You have to start somewhere – it’s the start that stops most people
  • Most people think ‘how much will it cost me?’ – successful people think ‘how much will it make me?’
  • You must have faith you can achieve
  • Successful people focus 1% on their problems, and focus the other 99% on solutions
  • Chaos creates more chaos
  • Successful people think differently
  • You are the average of the 5 people you hang out with
  • Self education will give you your freedom
  • Meditate 10-20 minutes a day
  • Working at success is not a 9 to 5 or 40 hour week, it is 24/7
  • Try doing the opposite of what you would normally do. Take action.
  • Build your own dreams or someone else will hire you to build theirs
  • You can’t make a decision without the right information
  • Words tell, pictures sell / a picture’s worth thousands in sales

It was a great week attending these seminars. I’ll have to attend some more. I’ve been self employed in some form since 1997 and running my own company since 2010. Everyone needs motivation sometimes!